LimitOS is designed to be run on a Raspberry Pi.
Quick start on a Raspberry Pi:
curl -sS https://limitos.com/run | bash
What the activation script does:
- Downloads Node.js
- Adds the LimitOS script
- Registers a new device
What you'll need:
- A Raspberry Pi with an internet connection
Detailed activation steps:
- Log in as a root user on your Raspberry Pi (default username is "pi", default password is "raspberry")
- Type (or copy/paste) the following command: curl -sS https://limitos.com/run | bash
- When you see a registration code appear, go to https://limitos.com/register (on any device) and type in your registration code
LimitOS also be run on an Arduino that is connected to a Raspberry Pi via I2
- Connect the Arduino to a Raspberry Pi using I2C by connecting the ground, SDA, and SCL pins on the Arduino to the same pins on the Raspberry Pi.
- Copy and paste the customized Arduino script from your device page into the Arduino IDE and upload to the device.
Please see the I2C page
for more information.
To pause LimitOS on your device:
sudo pm2 stop limitos
sudo pm2 unstartup
To completely remove LimitOS from your device: